- Hey hello hello. Thanks for taking the time to talk to us. I wanted to start by talking about your local scene.
PTW: Hello guys, thanks for having me!
- What’s it like for electronic music? A lot different than the usual Berlin, Ibiza, etc I imagine?
PTW: I don’t think it’s much different here, Romania is considered to be one of the most popular country for electronic & underground music.
- When did you first become interested in electronic music then?
PTW: I think at about the age of 15 years old, cause at 16 years I was already DJing in a local club from my hometown.
- What do you remember most fondly about the scene in your home town?
PTW: It wasn’t much of an electronic/underground scene, being a small town , but me along side some good friends made sure electronic music was heard every weekend.
- Which notorious dj had a big influence on you then? What others DJs were too?
PTW: I think back then, in 2007, the notorious due Sebastian Ingrosso & Steve Angello. I was very much into electro-house back then. But there were others too, like Luciano, Trentemoller, Villalobos, Lee Buridge.
- Tell us about your future plans? Upcoming labels , releases ?
PTW: Well, I have my debut EP set to release on the 15th of October, on Horatio’s label, Natural Rhythm, a remix for Casandria Daiva, that will be released later this year on the same label & a lots of old projects to finish. J
- If you would pick 5 tunes what would be those?
- Slow Hands & Tanner Ross – All The Same (Original Mix)
- Pachanga Boys – Time
- Fur Couat & Cari Golden – You and I
- Hot Natured – Benediction (Original Mix)
- Prove Them Wrong – Close Your Eyes
- How do u do your own musical selection : Do you follow some producers or select what comes and goes?
PTW: It’s not so much about the producers that I follow, but the releases of the labels that I like (Culprit LA, Hot Natured, Life & Death, Get Physical, Innervisions, 8bit).
- Do you have your own label ? If not do you plan to open one?
PTW: Not yet. I just want to focus on working my own music. Maybe sometime in the future, who knows…
- You will release your music on vinyl too, I believe. Is it a medium that you very much still support and believe in?
PTW: Yes, in 2015 I have planned my first vinyl release on Natural Rhythm. I truly believe in the vinyl industry & I think it’s never gonna die !
- DJ set or live set?
PTW: DJ set, for now. After I will perfect my skills, it will definitely be live act!
- Tell us a bit about your gear? What do you use for mixing / live set?
PTW:The usual setup: players + mixer. No consoles! I’m strictly against those. That’s not DJing!!!
- Clubs or festivals?
PTW: Mostly clubs, but I won’t say no to festivals. 😀
- One gig that u never forgot?
PTW: 23.10.2010!!! After party in Bucharest (Silver Club) with Marco Carola from 8 A.M. to 12 P.M. Epic morning!!!
- Why do you think that Ibiza is so special?
PTW: Because music always sounds better on the island, it’s kind of addicting.
- Is a new wave now in industry: doing collaborations between producers. I also wanted to ask you about your collaborations? Have u done those? With whom?
PTW:Yes, I have some collaborations underway with some friends (Alexander Funkmachine & Alin Dragan). I think collabs are good because, there are more ideas on the table from which you can choose.
- From where do u get your inspirations?
PTW: I get my music from everywhere I hear good music. (especially a good piano!)
- Finally, what more can we look forward to from you over the next while?
PTW: I think I have a lot of good music to offer to this industry, so I’m hoping that my future releases will make a definitely impact, so watch out!
- Many thanks for your time… We are impatiently waiting to hear our podcast.
PTW: Thank you, it was a real pleasure dudes, hope you enjoy the smooth vibes! Cheers.
Check this exclusive session for our magazine: